The Tunbridge Public Library is pleased to be offering audiobooks in two ways:
- You can borrow audiobooks on CDs right here at the library. You are also welcome to come to the library and check out our MP3 players to listen to books.
- Via the ListenUpVermont book project from Green Mountain Library Consortium, you can check out audiobooks virtually. Below are the steps you'll need to follow to get started.
To get more help, call the library or stop by anytime we're open!
Audiobooks Download Tutorial
Congrats on getting started with digital audiobooks! There are a few things you’ll need to know and learn first. This page should point you in the right directions. This will work on a PC or a Mac computer.
You will need to do these steps once per computer:
- Make sure you know your library card number. You’ve probably never had to know it before. Call the library to get your number, 802-889-9404.
- Look for a book you’d like to listen to on the ListenUpVermont.org website.
- Under the section titled “Format Information” you’ll see a small link that says “add to basket” The website uses a shopping metaphor for checking out titles. You can check out up to two digital audiobooks at once and you can have them checked out for a week at a time.
- Prepare your computer.
Mac users: Install the OverDrive Media Console for Mac
Windows users: You will need three things on your computer to do this at home. Click to install each of these, if you haven't already:
Windows Media Player
OverDrive Media Console
Windows Media Player Upgrade
- If you have problems installing any of these, contact the library or read the help files. When you are ready to download your audiobook, you can click the “Proceed to Checkout” link. If you have not logged in yet, you will need to enter your library card number.