The Tunbridge Public Library is pleased to be offering audiobooks in two ways:
- You can borrow audiobooks on CDs right here at the library.
- You can check out audiobooks virtually via the ListenUpVermont book project from Green Mountain Library Consortium.
If you run into challenges or have questions about this service-- don't be shy! We can help you through this process. We also lend MP3 players that will allow you to listen to these audiobooks more conveniently.
Below find steps to use ListenUpVermont.
Audiobooks Download Guide
We hope you like the options you can get from this service. There are a few things you’ll need to get in place first. You will need to do these steps (once) for any computer you use:
1. Get your computer ready with the Overdrive software.
Mac users, Windows 8 & 10 users, and users of Windows 7 (and previous) each can download and install their corresponding version of the OverDrive Media Console, that you can find by scroll down to the bottom of that webpage here. If you have problems installing any of these, please contact the library (Phone: 802-889-9404) or see if the Overdrive help files can help.
Alternatively, if you are only using a mobile device you can try the Libby App which allows you to use the GooglePlay, ITunes, and Microsoft store to download audiobooks. Note: This app has caused some problems for some users. If this happens, you can always download the MediaConsole for your computer to download an audiobook-- and then transfer it to a device to listen.
2. Get your number. If you've got the software installed-- you're most of the way there! Now contact the library to get your patron card number. (You’ve probably never had to know it before.) For this site, you'll use the the last eight digits of your card number.
3. Go to the ListenUpVermont website and Sign in. First, pick "Tunbridge Library" from the drop-down menu. The easiest way may be to go to the drop-down menu and type"T" till you see Tunbridge Library. Then Enter your eight digit number in the box provided.
4. Look for a book you’d like to listen to on the ListenUpVermont.org website. The Subject and Collections links on the upper left are handy ways to find something that look good. You can also search for specific titles and authors by clicking on the search (magnifying glass) icon near the books icon in the upper right.
5. Click "Borrow" and you'll get a chance to choose whether you take this audiobook 'out' for 7 days or 14 days. Then click "Borrow" again.
6. You can then "Download" the audiobook to your computer, or "Listen" on the browser-- which is easy if you plan to listen while you've got an internet connection.
7. Once you're done, just Sign Out if you like... and Enjoy!