Tunbridge Public Library Trustee Meeting
August 13, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Eve Ermer, Anne Mallary, Anne Linehan, Eve Ermer, Theresa FitzGerald, Jean Wolfe, Ben Wolfe
Community Input (none)
Minutes from the July meeting were approved.
- End of 2017-2018 fiscal year report
- Review spending to date in new fiscal year 2018-2019.
End of June left us with $270 balance in the Library checking account.
Outstanding items were billed to the 2018 - 2019 fiscal year.
Currently spent $2,658 out of 2018 - 2019 budget (not including payroll).Income for 2017 - 2018 $79,240
Expenses for 2017 - 2018 $81,603
- Request the funds from The Friends of the Library & the Trustees of Public Funds
We voted to request $5,000 from the Trustees of Public Funds for Library operating expenses. Anne Linehan will follow up with the request, and be available to attend their September meeting.
- Reviewed & signed time sheets.
- Reviewed & signed warrant for July bills.
- A new schedule for end of year expenses and deadline for encumbered funds.
Library Trustees will check fundraising moneys in February and determine if a request for funds from the Friends or the Trustees of Public Funds will be necessary to close any funding gaps. The Librarian will have final purchases lined up by June 1 so that there is not last-minutes spending.
- Library visitors are enjoying the current art exhibit! (Hanging felt fairies.)
- Summer program has been a challenge; library staff have been asking families what will work for them. Event to honor two of the students who are starting high school.
- Story hour has been fluctuating with attendance (6 - 12). Current Story Hour volunteer is not going to continue for the foreseeable future. Ben has been having (older) children volunteer to read the stories.
- Jean sent out a letter asking for help pulling together the Library Picnic on August 26th at 12:00 pm. She asked for volunteers to come at 10:30 am to help set up.
- Ben applied to the Hartland Lions’ Club for funds to support the Valley Quest and received $100 to support the program and general expenses.
- Naming archive room. (tabled)
We went into executive session at 7:45 pm. Executive session ended at 8:23 pm.
Monday, September 10th at 7:00 pm