TUNBRIDGE PUBLIC LIBRARY
Board of Trustees Meeting - Minutes
7:00 PM Wednesday October 29, 2014
In attendance: Catherine Freese, Anne Mallary, Jean Wolfe, Sarah Scully, Ben Wolfe, Anita Abbot
Summary of Budget Meeting and Discussions:
- Several TPL Trustees to meet with the Tunbridge Selectboard on Monday, November 20th to discuss the fiscal 1015 library budget other questions - specifically ask about lawn mowing and snow removal (we did not budget for the latter.)
- Discussion of the income and expense of the TPL 2014: our budget rose 1.8% from last year; we are also asking the town for a 2.2% increase in our budget due to inflation: (Salaries and FICA)
- Rob K. gave us an estimated work bid for the library building's external repairs. In particular he addressed the west side of the building, where most of the rot is greatest. Amount requested: $3000.00
Fund Raising Letter:
A generous local patron asked to match any $500.00 donation received from our fund raising letter this year!
It was suggested that any donation to the library over $125.00 would receive a signed copy of Euclid Farnham's Tunbridge Past.
- Trustees to meet on Sunday, November 9th at 2:00pm to discuss the '15 Budget.
- Trustees to meet with the Tunbridge Selectboard Monday November 10th at 6:30pm (not sure of time)
- Anita will post a public draft of the Library Fundraising Letter ASAP (google doc this letter to us to read and proof.)
- Trustees to have received the Grand List of names and addresses for fundraising purposes. (Anne F. does the list by November 13th.)
- Trustees to meet Thursday, November 20th at 6:00pm. Division of letters, we will divide them by 5, a packet for each of us.
- LIBRARY FUNDRAISING LETTER DEADLINE: November 24th.
- Trustees to meet Sunday, November 30th for a Stamping/Stuffing Letters Party: 9:00am.
- Anita will post "No TPL Trustee Meeting for December 2014" in the usual public places.
Next meeting: January 11th, 2015 at 6:00pm