October 1, 2018

Tunbridge Public Library

Trustee’s Meeting

October 1, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Eve Ermer, Anne Linehan, Anne Mallary, Sarah Scully, Jean Wolfe, Ben Wolfe

Community Input

Jean mentioned that a couple of folks had expressed interest in volunteering. 

Secretary’s Report

Approved minutes from September 2018 meeting.

Treasurer’s Report

Reviewed and signed time sheets and Warrant for September bills.

Corrections to current expense report:

- FICA total is incorrect in current year’s spreadsheet - should be approximately $4,200. The salary should be less and the FICA should be a higher percentage of the total allotted to payroll.

- The $350 under Programs should be membership.

- The $144 under Misc should be under Postage.

Anne Linehan will check in with Trustees of Public Funds to find out whether our request for $5,000 for this year was approved.

Budget needs for 2019 - 2020

We asked what needs the Librarian would anticipate for the upcoming fiscal year.
Programming budget: $1,200

Utilities: We anticipate roughly 10% increase in utilities based on rising oil prices, Consolidated Communications rate increases, etc. Propane is purchased in bulk from the Town and we would like to know what the terms of that purchase agreement are at present.

Memberships: increase by $100 to offset a usual increase for some services.

We wondered whether the Selectboard would be willing to use the Town’s Capital Improvement Fund to purchase a new furnace for the Library, or if that is something we would have to fundraise for. This is something to ask them at our next meeting with them (before the budget is due).

Building repairs: Refinish the floors in the older part of the building.

Jean and Ben will send along any other items that they would like to add.

 

Librarian’s Report

Jean said that Mariah will resume with the Story Hour program.

Upper Valley Mountain Literacy Society continues to meet regularly.

Old Business

Custodian job description.

Jean approved our draft pending a few minor changes. Sarah will update the draft and circulate again, and share with the custodian. We would like to meet again with the custodian to follow up.

Action Items

Sarah will follow up about the custodian position.

Jean and Ben will send any inside building repair needs, organized by priority, and any other budget items to consider for 2019 - 2020.

Theresa will speak with the Town Treasurer about correcting the current spending report for the items listed above.

Anne L. will follow up with the Trustees of Public Funds about our request.

Hold the Date - Possible Special Meeting October 17, 2018 at 6:00 pm.

Next regular meeting date: November  12, 2018 at 7:00 pm. Agenda items: budget, fundraising, custodian followup.