March 12, 2018

Monday, March 12, 2018, 6:30 pm.

Working meeting - not official

Theresa FitzGerald, Eve Ermer, Anne Linehan, Sarah Scully, Jean Wolfe

Community Input
New art exhibit is up. Theresa received some positive feedback about the Library at Town Meeting Day.

Secretary’s Report
- Approve minutes from February 12, 2018 meeting.

Reviewed. No changes suggested. (Will approve in April)
- Sign time sheet slips for up coming months - we signed three more.
- View time sheets (past months)

Treasurer’s Report
- Town treasurer update: Becky is happy to work with Trustees to match town chart of accounts to our usual budgeting spreadsheet.
- Theresa has been in communication with Anne M. about donations.
- Fundraising letter thank-you notes are up to date.

We discussed the absence of the current treasurer from the last 3 meetings and Theresa has volunteered to take on this post with some training.

Librarian’s Report
Patron visits have been steady through the winter. Library staff are keeping track of library use from 7:00 - 8:00 pm, with the thought of possibly shifting hours earlier on those days.

Jean is planning for the summer program and working on spending down library funds. Many books donated recently.

Last Winter Evening was very well attended (topic: Current Use for landowners). Last winter evening is Joan Feierabend, artist.

Story Hour on Saturday mornings is going well. We discussed ways to help get the word out to more people: Front Porch Forum, Tunbridge Facebook Group, Library email newsletter.

Cartooning group is meeting regularly.

Community Room use is up considerably.

Jean discussed the storm drain in the lawn of the library - the current one will need to be lowered and re-landscaped. Theresa will follow up with town road crew and paving contractor about lowering the drain.

Anne L. asked about library reading groups - when they meet, how they're advertised.

New Business
Update trustee names on library web site.
Trustee roles for 2018-2019 (proposed)
Chair  - Anne L.  (Eve volunteered to run meetings in Anne's absence)
Secretary - Sarah
Treasurer - Theresa
Member at large - Anne M.

Meeting times & dates.
We will continue meeting second Monday of the month with a slight time shift to 7:00 to accommodate everyone.
Next meeting: April 9th at 7:00 pm

Action Items
Sarah will update the website with new trustee and meeting time.
Theresa will follow up about sidewalk drain.
Theresa will also follow up on treasurer responsibilities.