Tunbridge Public Library
Eve Ermer, Theresa FitzGerald, Anne Linehan, Anne Mallary, Sarah Tischer Scully, Ben Wolfe, Jean Wolfe
- Approved minutes from May 2018 meeting.
- Theresa has been working with the town treasurer to better understand correlation between town accounts to Library accounts, but not all information is transferred over, and there should be a system for double-checking how amounts are entered. Anne M. and Anne L. will meet with Theresa and the Town Treasurer for a training session.
- The town treasurer is also issuing a warrant monthly for all Library bills so that Trustees can sign off on them at our monthly meetings.
- End of fiscal year figures:
We discussed how the end-of-year funding works. The Library will require a donation from the Friends of the budgeted amount of $10,000. Voted to approve this action.
- Story hour us undergoing a shift because the usual person is taking the summer off.
- July 4th and Frederick Douglas’ speech event planned.
- Book club is gathering steam and Ben is encouraging more young readers to join in.
- Summer program for school children starts the last week in June.
- Cartoon program is still up and running.
- Community room use policy
Tabled - will review at next meeting.
- Naming archive
Tabled - Anne L. will follow up with Historical Society
- Update from May 31 town round table discussion.
Eve and Sarah attended. While it was less a discussion than a report of what each attendee does for the town, we felt it was positive for the Library to have a presence. If another meeting is scheduled we will make some suggestions for more of a discussion-style format.
Theresa will request funds from Friends.
Anne M., Anne L. and Theresa will meet with town treasurer and set up an accounting workflow.
Anne M. will get a cash box for Library use.
Sarah will draft revised community room policy for review.
Next meeting date: July 9, 2018, 7:00 pm.