July 9, 2018

Tunbridge Public Library Trustee Meeting
July 9, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Eve Ermer, Theresa FitzGerald, Anne Linehan, Anne Mallary, Sarah Tischer Scully, Jean Wolfe
 
Community Input
Where is the library sign that hangs out in front of the library? It was removed a few weeks ago but is back.

Secretary’s Report
Minutes from June 2018 meeting were approved.

Treasurer’s Report
- Theresa, Anne M. and Anne L. met with the Town Treasurer at the end of June. Sarah expressed concerns about the added step of having Selectboard members sign monthly warrants for paying bills. Anne M. and Anne L. said that they had asked these questions of the town treasurer, and that any problems or delayed payment of bills would be addressed if it came up.

- End of fiscal year figures.
Payroll is at (-$3,110.88)
Checking account is approximately $3,500
Other expenses from June bills unpaid are (-$2,772)

Anne Mallary suggested we ask the Trustees of Public Funds for $5,000 to cover these expenses and give us a little bit of a balance in the checking account for current expenses. This is less than the $7,000 budgeted for this year. Voted and approved to request $5,000.


Librarian’s Report
Antique trim on the older part of the library buildings needs to be repainted. There was a suggestion that a library trustee be in the meeting(s) with the Selectboard for the bidding and selection process.

Jean reminded us of the upcoming Library potluck picnic, Sunday, August 26th at 12:00 pm at the Tunbridge Fairgrounds. All are encouraged to attend.

Old Business
Community room use policy.
    Jean mentioned that the 'required deposit' has not been enforced; we changed this to a retroactive cleaning and repair fee in case the room is left dirty or damaged. We discussed the use of the space for commercial or promotional purposes, and elected to clarify the point by specifying, "No groups or individuals may charge attendees, solicit donations to the group, or promote or sell items or services. " This language is also in keeping with other area public libraries. The email address for the library was updated and additional information added to the registration section, including number of attendees and date and time that the responsible person will pick up the key.

Naming archive room - tabled.

 
Action Items
Anne Linehan is going to request the funds from the Trustees of Public Funds.

Anne Linehan will contact Historical Society members and invite them to come to our next meeting.

Sarah will update the community room policy and share it.
 
Next meeting date: August 13, 2018 at 7:00 pm